Local Activities in North Wales
North Wales has some of the most beautiful landscapes in Britain, from the wild mountains of Snowdonia to the rolling hills of the Clywidan range.
There are adrenaline activities for the thrill seekers, or for a more relaxing day out there are shopping centres and the local theatre. Anvil Cottage is right in the middle of it all.
Below is a list of activities, locations and shops nearby.
Snowdon (Yr Wyddfa in Welsh) is the highest mountain in Wales and England. It’s one of our most famous and regonizable landmarks and is well worth a visit only 55 minuets drive away.
Standing tall over the village of Llanberis, Snowdon is a part of a close-knit family of jagged peaks and can offer views of Snowdonia, Anglesey, Pembrokeshire and Ireland.
Choose from six different paths to conquer this 1,085 metre (3,560 feet) giant which are the Llanberis path, Pyg Track, Miners’ Track, Watkin Path, Rhyd-Ddu Path or the Snowdon Ranger Path. learn more here on Snowdon
The Snowdon Mountain Railway is a narrow gauge rack and pinion mountain railway in Gwynedd, north-west Wales. It is a tourist railway that travels for 4.7 miles from Llanberis to the summit of Snowdon, the highest peak in Wales, only 55 minuets away. More information Here
Mold Market Town
Come to Mold, a traditional market town nestling beneath the Clwydian Hills. There has been a street market in Mold since medieval times and today it is still the biggest and the best market in North Wales and the Borderlands.
Street markets are held in Mold every Wednesday and Saturday throughout the year with over 70 stalls in the High Street and through to Daniel Owen Square. There’s a huge variety of produce including fresh fruit and vegetables, cheese, meat, crockery, clothes and plants – whatever you need, you’ll find it on the market! 10 minuets away.
Moel Famau Mountain Walk
Straightforward route to the summit of Moel Famau. This can be a very popular walk. Can see this from the cabin.
More activities near by.
- Hottub – 10 second walk
- Moel Famau Mountain walk, CH7 5SH – 10 minutes
- Loggerheads Country Park, CH7 5LH – 10 minutes
- Llandegla Bike Park, LL11 3AA – 18 minutes
- GYG Karting LTD, 1600m long track, LL21 0RU – 45 minutes
- Snowdon Mountain, LL55 4NY – 55 minutes
- Zip world, LL24 0HX – 50 minutes
- Bounce Below, LL41 3NB – 50 minutes
- Surf Snowdonia Adventure park, LL32 8QE – 50 minutes
- Swallow falls waterfall, LL24 0DW – 55 minutes
- Mold market town, CH7 1AZ – 8 minutes
- Ruthin market town, LL15 1BE – 20 minutes
- Chester, CH1 .. – 30 minutes
- Liverpool One, L1 .. – 50 minutes
- Betws y coed, LL24 .. – 55 minutes
- Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet, CH65 9JJ – 25 minutes
- Broughton shopping park, CH4 0DE – 20 minutes
- Tesco – 8 minutes
- Tesco fuel station – 8 minutes